My primary product assignment at the Mayor's Office for Economic Opportunity is ACCESS NYC, a public-facing website offering the following features:
- Program guides for over 60 local, state, and federal benefit programs in 11 languages.
- An eligibility screener for over 30 benefit programs.
- An office locator for finding in-person assistance with benefit programs.
NYC Opportunity initially launched the product a few months before I joined the team in May 2017. Over the past several years, I have participated in numerous sprints using my expertise in front-end engineering, user interface/experience design, and digital product feature development. When I began working with the team, we established a release cadence and deployment flow following a 2 to 3-week sprint cycle. In that time, we have delivered 60+ new releases of the code and design, including performance optimizations, security accreditation, feature enhancements, and new features.
ACCESS NYC has won several Government design and technology awards since its launch. Our team was also recognized by the Mayor's Office with a customer service award for our response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- 2020 City Government Experience Award
- 2020 Customer Service Award: Mayor's Office of Operations
- 2019 AWS City on a Cloud Innovation Challenge
- 2018 Adobe Government Creativity Awards
- 2017 Best Application Serving the Public: Center for Digital Government, Best of New York